The daughter of former Real Housewives of Orange County star, Tammy Knickerbocker, was arrested in Arkansas for alleged possession of drugs and forgery.
You don’t have to be a reality superstar, A or D Lister to be impacted by the drug epidemic. Many housewives as mothers of teens and young adults can attest, arrests due to drug possession is on rise in the U.S. The Bureau of Drug Statistics estimates that the number of arrests for drug abuse violations has been increasing among adults. At the same time, arrests have decreased for youth under the age of 18. For instance, about thirty years ago during the height of the 80s drug driven crime wave, drug arrests represented 7.4% of the total of all arrests reported to the FBI. By 2007, drug arrests had risen to 13.0% of all arrests.
But getting back to Lindsey Knickerbocker, the daughter of former Real Housewives of Orange County, star Tammy Knickerbocker, was as pulled over as a result of the officer noticing a broken light near her license plate. After her car was searched, officers discovered almost 1/2 gram of Methamphetamine, street name Meth, about $2,000 in counterfeit money, a counterfeit check printing device, and two forged checks.
Real Housewives Tips for You
What are the signs that your child may be abusing Meth? Experts suggest that parents look for these warning signs:
- Changes in your child’s behavior and moods.
- Changes in friends, social groups and preferred entertainment activities.
- Changes in waking and sleeping patterns.
- Missing money, jewelry, household items, and other valuables.
- Loss or increase in appetite.
- Drugs and/or drug paraphernalia around the house.
- Suspicious activity and/or hypervigilance.
- Frequent absences from school or work.
- Lack of interest in activities previously pleasurable.
- Avoiding interaction and conversations.
- Refusal to answer questions.
- Problems with or fear of the police.
Often, many housewives, parents and loved ones miss these signs as did Tammy Knickerbocker. I hope that this article is helpful to all real housewives out there to teens and young adults. We send out all positive thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement to those impacted.