The daughter (Delilah Belle Hamlin) of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Rinna divulged to her Instagram audience a few days ago that she is recovering from a drug addiction.
She did not seek to buy illegal drugs from the criminal elements of society or crafty drug dealers. In fact, her drug dealer seemed to be her regular doctor who she believed, “overprescribed her medication for multiple conditions.” Namely, “migraines, panic attacks and a pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorder (PANDAs).”
She pondered to her followers, ““I wasn’t like a drug addict, but my body was dependent on it [Xanax] because of how much the doctor had prescribed me,” she shared.
The US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHA) surveyed youth (using 2014 data) where almost 6,000 of them reported that they used prescription pain relievers without a doctor’s prescription. A common myth believed by youth and young adults is that prescription drugs are safer to abuse than illicit, illegal drugs.
Real Housewives Tips for You
Parents, housewives, mothers and dads should be weary of these common prescription drugs often found in the medicine cabinets or cupboards of their own homes.
- The chemicals found in Stimulants act much like cocaine. They may induce these side effects: paranoia, dangerously high body temperatures, and an irregular heartbeat.
- The active chemicals found in Opioids cause reactions in the human brain similar to those of heroin. Side effects of this drug can cause drowsiness, nausea, constipation, and slowed breathing.
- The chemicals found in Depressants can cause slurred speech, shallow breathing, fatigue, disorientation, lack of coordination, and seizures after the withdrawal from longtime use.
Ways to curtail the enticement of misuse, abuse and illegal use of prescription drugs:
- Educate your child on the harm prescriptions drugs may inflict. The human brain continues to grow and develop in physical size up to the early 20s. Therefore it is important to become informed on the impact of prescription drugs on the developing brain.
- Ensure that you safely store and dispose of prescribed drugs. Approximately, two-thirds of teens who misused prescription medications tend to say that they got them from family and friends, including their home’s medicine cabinets.
Finally, if your child or young adult has been legally prescribed medications by a general physician, practitioner or psychiatrist;
3. Make it your duty to monitor the dosage, side effects, and contraindications of all of the medications prescribed.
This last step may by the item overlooked by Lisa Rinna, star of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills as well as many wives, housewives, parents and moms who do not live the celebrity lifestyle.