Shannon Beador’s (star of The Real Housewives of Orange County) dog named Archie disappeared back in late October. A few weeks later, Archie was located after a community member took him in and posted to a social media app. Archie was returned to Shannon Beador’s household shortly thereafter. You may ask, “Why all of the noise about a stupid dog?”
Researchers at the Healthy Heart and The HelpGuide organizations have found that household pets help humans improve their mental wellness. Some to the benefits are listed below.
Real Housewives Tips for You
- Reducing stress, anxiety, depression and loneliness have been cited as the many benefits of pet ownership.
- Keeping pets healthy encourages physical movement and exercise of their owners, thereby improving their owner’s overall health at the same time.
- Maintaining physical contact (petting and rubbing dogs) with calming and physically gratifying strokes helps the owner to lower his blood pressure and reduce the risk of advanced heart disease.
- Encouraging playfulness, good humor and lightheartedness elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine (bodily chemicals) that are known to have a calming and relaxing effect on humans.
- Lowering the indicators of heart disease. Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels than non-pet owners. Pet owners also generally exhibit lower blood pressure.
So the next time a real housewife, mother, mom or a Real Housewives of Orange County expresses remorse about a lost pet, think about the positive attributes of pet ownership; and the grief when a loved one is tragically taken away.