Kandi Burruss and NeNe Leakes, castmates and celebrity stars of Real Housewives of Atlanta Bravo reality tv series seem to be experiencing bouts of professional envy. It is hard to find out who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist? The lack of a clear-cut instigator or pacifist mirrors life.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta Professional Envy
The two stars of the Real Housewives of Atlanta are just like every day people. We all must maintain our professional competitiveness in a cut-throat world to keep our quality of life in tact. Kandi Burruss has ruminated that because she has a new spin off, her cast mates (NeNe Leakes) of Real Housewives of Atlanta and NeNe Leakes’ fans are envious of her professional success. She was reported as asking those who have cast shade on her success, “What did I do to you?”
Kandi fretted that other celebrity housewives and stars of the Real Housewives Bravo reality tv series went on to individual stardom like Kim Zolciak and Porsha Williams. Why not she? Kandi Burruss further explained that she pitched several spin off television show ideas to the producers. Why didn’t her naysayers do the same?
Real Housewives Tips for You
Researchers at the Harvard Business Review published an article sharing that professional envy and jealousy is not new. In fact, these feelings are universally felt when a colleague attains something for which you had wished. While these negative emotions are universal; we are consumed with guilt and try to suppress them once they rise to the surface. Unfortunately, as we attempt to bury emotions of envy and jealousy, they can resurface with greater strength causing more harm than had we been true to ourselves and owned up to our negative feelings.
Real Housewives Tips for You
A few real housewives tips, suggestions and recommendations for regular housewives as well as celebrity stars of the Real Housewives Bravo television series follow.
- Recognize your negative thoughts and behaviors;
- Examine exactly what act or behavior triggers your envy (self confidence, aggression, thoughtfulness, passion);
- Seek to develop those attributes and characteristics within your self;
- Refocus your energies on the antidote of jealousy ( admiration) and envy (goodwill);
- Become more open to others;
- Establish a closer relationship with your foe and seek to emulate her style or technique in the areas for which you have envied;
- Accept and adapt to change more readily than in the past;
- Learn from your shortcomings and or seek to develop your weakness;
- Take the opportunity to discover the job, projects and/or activities that bring you fulfillment;
- Affirm your positive qualities daily;
- Switch jobs, careers, or industries for which you are better suited, if necessary.
Eventually NeNe Leakes and Kandi Burruss will resolve their differences keeping their relative celebrity star status in tact. Focus on yourself. Be your own best advocate.
And remember, as Kandi Burruss has said of her Real Housewives of Atlanta peers and colleagues, “a lot of them don’t pitch shows. A lot of them think, ‘I’m so great that Bravo should just throw a show in my lap.’ That is not what I do,” she said. “Me and my husband, we come up with these ideas, and we pitch them. Sometimes, the network is for it; sometimes they aren’t. Everything we do does not get picked up.”